Earth Day is an international movement that was created to bring awareness to our impact on the environment. We all know there are amazing physical and emotional benefits to breastfeeding, but it is also truly a great way to contribute to Mother Nature’s preservation. Here are 5 reasons why nursing is environmentally friendly.
- No water needed Breastfeeding is a wonderful way to protect our most precious natural resource: water. Indeed, all a baby needs for the first 6 months of its life is breast milk. A woman’s body produces just the right amount her infant requires to grow healthy, and no extra ingredient is needed!
- Prevents waste Nursing helps prevent waste since it demands no manufactured good. With no plastic or boxes required, breasts are definitely the eco-friendliest packaging of them all 🙂
- Saves energy Always ready to be served at the right temperature, breast milk doesn’t have to be heated artificially. It also saves time and energy by allowing you to skip having to sterilize bottles in boiling water.
- No pollution Giving your child breast milk protects nature because it is biodegradable. Definitely, with no containers or packaging involved, breastfeeding doesn’t contribute to pollution.
- No transport Always at the right address, at the right time, human milk requires no transportation. Breastfeeding therefore reduces the use of gasoline, vehicles emissions and their negative effect on the environment.
In brief, breastfeeding is simply a beautiful action to fight against environmental issues, and certainly the greenest meal your child will ever have 🙂 Have a wonderful Earth Day!